Thursday, April 03, 2008

Car racing: cool. Hot candlewax and brown shirts: not so much.

Right, so if you’ve been paying attention to the wacky news, the news that bigtime fancy-pants reporters like to classify as news from “the fringe”, and that’s really the only news worth reading, then you know all about Masochistic Max Mosely.

He’s the British aristocrat whose day job is managing the governing body of international car racing. That’s F1, Rally, Touring Car and all other car racing combined. His night gig, it turns out, is pretty choice as well. He’s into the whole Nazi death-camp guard/prisoner S&M group role playing thing, and he is willing to pay handsomely for it. (see link below for more sordid info)

http://jalopnik.com/373884/f1-boss-max-mosley-caught-with-five-hookers-in-nazi-orgy-video-scandal


I don’t know where to begin with this one. Are we surprised? Of course not. The cliché rings true: old, white dudes can and do have sexual proclivities that are sick and depraved enough to make even your local pederast blush.

Having said that, and Death camp re-enactments notwithstanding, I need to say that I hope I can be half the super-freak as this assbag when I’m in my 70’s. There, I said it.

It’s not looking good for me, though. Even at the young age of 28, I’ve been TiVo’ing Animal Planet and calling it a night on a fairly regular basis. To be fair, this week has been Shark Week, and it’s hard not to get jazzed by the footage of sharks doing their thing; the great whites, the hammerheads, the tiger sharks, the what-have-yous. What can I say? LCD and High Definition technology have turned this former super-freak (absolutely no exaggeration) into a certifiable home body.

Moseley’s publicized shenanigans have indeed sounded alarm bells for this young buck. Simply put: I need to jack up my entertainment standards - perhaps not to the depraved, Hitler-fawning extremes to which that Pommie perv has resorted, but something beyond recorded cable TV, no? Anyway, I’ll let you know if I find something cooler than Shark Week.

FS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home